Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Super Lumberjack

The past few days have been work, work, work.

I am exhausted.

After having a nice relaxing Saturday/ Sunday weekend, I came back to work on Monday. I started at 10 and it was pretty good until one of my co-workers decided to call in sick. That meant I had to work from open (11) until 12 by myself.. running from opening the theater and doing spiels to kidcot where kids get masks and have their passports signed. The managers weren't able to get anyone to come in earlier... seems this is the call-in sick season.

So, I handled Monday pretty well, I even got off at 4 which was nice. However, Tuesday I go in again at 10, and find out my coworker has called in sick again, when she specifically today me Monday night that she would come in... She wasn't really sick anyway, she had just had a "breakdown". Soo... I open kidcot and theater again until 12, but my 12 o'clock, another coworker calls in sick. So, I have to work not one hour, but two hours by myself, running between kidcot and theater, getting yelled at by parents for not being there to sign their passports or give their kids masks or tell them what time the show is starting and meanwhile two guests, not seeing the big handicapped button to open the larger door leave their ECVs parked in front of the doors, so that guests can't get in.

However, I was very calm and cool and I think I handled it very well, even when a coordinator didn't show up after saying she would come help me out.

I later find out that the coworker who was supposed to come in at 12 spent the day shopping as she's leaving on the 5th... She wasn't sick at all but got the luxury of hanging out at the mall while I was running around the attraction.

Today I went in and find out that the girl who had gone shopping called in today, as well. Thankfully I wasn't opening, but I worked at 12 and was supposed to get off at 6:45, instead I had to extend until 8:15 ...which isn't in itself all too troubling...BUT I know this girl called in and wasn't sick. She even told one of my other coworkers that she was going to call in sick at least twice this week. So.. nice.

I did get a card from one of the managers called a "Guest Fanatic Card" which means I did a good job and they recognized it so it goes on my record card but since I'm leaving that pretty much doesn't mean a thing.

So, it's been a long week, especially since I had to wake up at 7:30 this morning in order to get groceries before I started work since going out after work isn't an option due to the sun setting so early now. Fortunately, I stopped by Panera, this amazing bakery, this morning and got myself a blueberry scone and caramel latte. I am also pleased that I got the 6th to the 9th off so I can hang out with Derrick when he comes late on the 6th.

This weekend I am planning an Epcot day on my day off (Saturday) so that I can see all the holiday things, like the santas around the world and the lighting of the christmas tree. I also want to try and get to Beaches and Cream once more before I leave. My roommates might accompany me if they have the day off as well. So, I will try to take lots of pictures.

The weather is still beautiful and balmy... just like it was in September. Hopefully the chilly wind doesn't return soon. There have been a lot of people from Calgary coming down and I am getting lots of updates on the weather. Hehe. But it hasn't changed my mind to come home!I'm excited that it's only a couple more weeks.

1 Comments:

At November 28, 2007 at 6:46 PM , Blogger Jo-Ann (Mom) said...

Oh sweetie, I'm so sorry that your co-workers have no work ethic, but I'm so very proud that you do, and that you worked so hard and retained your sanity! Great job! And ya, take lots of pics at Epcot..and check to see if they have any nice pillow covers in Morocco to bring home for your room!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home