Thursday, November 1, 2007

November is finally here. It doesn't ever seem like time passes here because there are no seasons. In Florida it is either hot or wet. Not much of a change.

They put up the Christmas tree today. I get to walk by it everyday to work as it is located right between Canada and Mexico, at the main entrance to the world showcase. It's huge and blatantly fake... filled with enormous decorations (Mostly signs and banners of various Christmas greetings or ornaments with flags of the countries on them) and an angel at the very top. I don't know whether or not to call it pretty. It's just kind of there right now. Like it was waiting... and sprung out of the shadows right after Halloween. (Which, it kind of was... I saw it dissected in the parking lot a day or two before it actually went up and the spot where they were going to put it, where there is usually flowers, was all chopped away.) There is also a crazy Christmas gift store that is right beside it that has been Christmas-y since the beginning of October.

Halloween here wasn't too exciting, as Disney doesn't really allow people to dress up due to the fact that the kids will get confused... for example, if an adult dressed up as snow white, children may think she is the real snow white and ask for autographs and then Disney would have a problem. Although, they do have a Halloween event called Mickey's Not So Scary Party at Magic Kingdom where dressing up is allowed. We did get some mini-candies from the managers though. So.. that was alright.

Also... I have a new Norwegian roommate who is pretty nice. That's really all I can say about her... I didn't really want another Norwegian roommate.. just because we've already had one and we still have one and she only talks in Norwegian when Marie (who is the other Norwegian) is around... so, whatevs.

And we have a new Attractions cast member named Brittany from Ontario who is like..23 and graduated from anthropology.. which is kinda neat. Anyway, she's really nice. Nothing much to say there either.

I had some really cute kids today. One wanted me to come over to his house so he could show me his toys. And I thought that was cute. And I gave a magical moment to these two kids, a girl named Jordan and a boy named Donovan who was wearing a raccoon hat. They were so cute and after the show they ran up and hugged me and the Dad called me 'Miss Stephanie' and it was so nice.

Anyway, not much else to report. I bought groceries for $70 and I got a taxi home for $2 which rocks, because I would've wrenched my back if I had to walk back, which I usually do. And I'm proud of myself for getting like.. a month's worth of groceries for that much.

Fun fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home