Saturday, September 8, 2007

Florida Mall and Cheesecake

I had a really fun day today. The first of my three days off - Saturday, Sunday and Monday.

First I went to Florida Mall with Ashley from Merchandise, who is sooo sweet. She told me all about her boyfriend and her life back home. It was really nice.

I saw M&M World and am definitely planning a trip back there... when I come home I'm going to need another suitcase just for M&Ms, I swear. I didn't get any this time... unfortunately.

However, Florida Mall is huge and beautiful. I got fall clothes for when I come home from Aeropostale. So cute. And a wallet from Roxy with a koi fish on it... because I needed a new wallet. And.. oh, at aeropostale, I got a free duffel bag because I spent a certain amount, so, sweetness. And, I also got a couple of mix and match shirts from Sirens, which looked really nice and that were 2 for $10, so excellent. And most of the stuff at Aeropostale was 50% off.

Anyway, then we checked out some salon stuff for Ashley and her hair (because she needs it dyed again..) and then went to the Food Court where they had free samples of this amazing basil garlic chicken stuff.. so good. And we had lunch, then continued shopping. We found this one really neat store called Adrenalina (see pic) which had a flowrider in it for surfing, a tree, brick wall, biking stuff, surfing stuff... everything! So cool.


Then... we got starbucks (which we both said made us homesick for our friends, which we used to come to starbucks religiously with) and caught the bus home. Later we decided to go to Publix together and I had Helena (my french roommate) tag along so we could buy cake for her birthday. Haha, and I finally caved and bought dishwasher detergent for the dishwasher, because, after 3 days of having none and watching the dishes pile higher in the sink and get dirtier in the dishwasher, it was enough. I guess no one else cared that much. Oh well, I told them they'd have to all pay me a dollar... which won't happen, but whatevs. I think mostly it's the principle of the thing. At least I know that if I lived on my own or whatever I'd be capable.

In any case, we came back to the apartment and invited Ashley over for cheesecake. So, she came over and we played cards and helped Helena set up her phone and we talked and laughed. It was fun. Then I walked Ashley home to her apartment (28 - like.. the other side of the world in the Commons since we're 5) and we stopped and talked some more and it was really great. We are both homesick and wanting to go home sooner. So she is wonderful to relate to.

Then, I came home. Tomorrow I may try to go to Give Kids the World, but we'll see... it's one of my to-do items.

Also, no one has really told me about gifts, so... do it. I won't bite, I promise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home